Facebook Spam, it seems to never stop but here is a quick guide to how to actually use Facebook for those who spam, and what one can do about spammer.
How to spam everyone you know and lose customers and friends:
- Get a Facebook account and decide that everyone wants and needs to either drink at your bar, eat at your restaurant or shop at your store…, so they should know that everyday your bar/restaurant/shop is the best place to shop/drink/eat. That’s what Facebook is all about – right?
- Start sending out daily reminders to everyone that you have specials everyday, every – single- day.
- Don’t confuse your customers with the real specials and offers you might have, just include them in your daily spam of everyone and everything.
- Be sure to tag everyone on a photo that is nothing more than a spam advertisement, I mean they need to know you have specials everyday. Send the photo with tags at least once a week. But don’t forget your spam…Every. Single. Bloody. Day.
- Notice that there is a lot of spam on Facebook, damn, now you need to spam at least two… maybe three times a day now! Need to get that message across and make sure your spam sticks out more than anybody else’s spam.
- Be sure to sign up for stupid games and apps and then send invites to everyone at least three times a week.
- Notice that nobody is really paying attention to your daily deals and so you think spamming more is going to do better…
- Realize that nobody pays attention and leave Facebook and other social media as its a waste of time.
How To Actually Use Social Media, in case you don’t know…
- Social media is for interacting with people, once you realize that it is not just a billboard for your store/restaurant/bar etc… then you are on the road to not being a spammer.
- Its fine to advertise real specials and great offers. But really, every week or every day?
- Offer something of real value to people. A great picture, a witty comment, advice, stop thinking of your business and begin to actually interact with people. Interacting with people will make them interested in you and from that what you offer. From that comes interest and hopefully better sales for your business, more friends on your timeline etc…
What you can do about it.
Just drag your mouse over to the top right hand corner of any post and hit the dropdown menu… it reveals several options.
- If they are using the old “So and So” tagged you in a photo trick – report them for spam. Don’t hesitate, just do it.
- If they send out way too many notices, game apps, thrice daily updates you don’t want. Either unsubscribe or change the subscription to “Only Important”
- De-friend them if they are cluttering up your in box and feeds.